Pre-order NHibernate 3.0 Cookbook Today!
NHibernate 3.0 Cookbook is available for pre-order today! We are working hard to have the book out in time for NHibernate Day on October 8th.
Thank you to the awesome team at Packt Publishing and my amazing technical reviewers, Fabio Maulo, Jose Romaniello, Tuna Toksoz, and Gabriel Schenker, for all the support and guidance. We made a great book!
Overview of NHibernate 3.0 Cookbook
- Master the full range of NHibernate features
- Reduce hours of application development time and get better application architecture and performance
- Create, maintain, and update your database structure automatically with the help of NHibernate
- Written and tested for NHibernate 3.0 with input from the development team distilled in to easily accessible concepts and examples
- Part of Packt's Cookbook series: each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
The NHibernate Cookbook explains each feature of NHibernate 3.0 in detail through example recipes that you can quickly apply to your applications. Set yourself free from stored procedures and inline SQL. Quite simply, if you build .NET applications that use databases, this book is for you.
The book will take you from the absolute basics of NHibernate through its most advanced features and beyond, showing you how to take full advantage of each concept to quickly create amazing database applications. Beginners will learn several techniques for each of the 4 core NHibernate tasks – mapping, configuration, session & transaction management, and querying – and which techniques fit best with various types of applications. In short, you will be able to build an application using NHibernate. Intermediate level readers will learn how to best implement enterprise application architecture patterns using NHibernate, leading to clean, easy-to-understand code, and increased productivity. In addition to new v3.0 features, advanced readers will learn creative ways to extend NHibernate core, as well as techniques using the NHibernate search, shards, spatial, and validation projects.
Get solutions to common NHibernate problems to develop high-quality performance-critical data access applications
What you will learn from this book :
- Create a persistent object model for moving data in and out of your database
- Build the database from your model automatically
- Configure NHibernate for use with WebForms, MVC, WPF, and WinForms applications
- Create database queries using a variety of methods, including the new LINQ to NHibernate and QueryOver APIs
- Build an enterprise-level data access layer
- Improve the performance of your applications using a variety of techniques
- Build an infrastructure for fast, easy test-driven development of your data access layer
- Extend NHibernate to add data encryption and auditing
- Implement entity validation, full-text search, horizontal partitioning (sharding), and spatial queries using NHibernate Contrib projects
This book contains quick-paced self-explanatory recipes organized in progressive skill levels and functional areas. Each recipe contains step-by-step instructions about everything necessary to execute a particular task. The book is designed so that you can read it from start to end or just open up any chapter and start following the recipes. In short this book is meant to be the ultimate "how-to" reference for NHibernate 3.0, covering every major feature of NHibernate for all experience levels.
Who this book is written for
This book is written for NHibernate users at all levels of experience. Examples are written in C# and XML. Some basic knowledge of SQL is assumed.