NHibernate 3.0 released
First, NHibernate 3.0 Cookbook is now a Packt Publishing best seller. Thank you everyone who bought a copy. The NHibernate project gets a portion of each and every sale.
The previous official release of NHibernate was version 2.1.2, just over 1 year ago. Since then, the team has made a ton of improvements and bug fixes.
Most importantly, NHibernate now targets .NET 3.5, allowing us to use lambda expressions and LINQ. This has led to an explosion of new ways to configure and query.
There are a few very minor breaking changes mentioned in the release notes:
- [NH-2392] ICompositeUserType.NullSafeSet method signature has changed
- [NH-2199] null values in maps/dictionaries are no longer silently ignored/deleted
- [NH-1894] SybaseAnywhereDialect has been removed, and replaced with SybaseASA9Dialect. Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) dialects removed.
- [NH-2251] Signature change for GetLimitString in Dialect
- [NH-2284] Obsolete members removed
- [NH-2358] DateTimeOffset type now works as a DateTimeOffset instead a "surrogate" of DateTime
Plans for version 3.1 include additional bug fixes and patches, as well as enhancements for the new LINQ provider.
As Fabio says, Happy Persisting!